Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gardens, Patios & More

Hi Everyone!  Hope you're having a great weekend.  We are headed off to a little family reunion on a nearby island - I'm excited to see family and also explore a different corner of the Seattle area.  I love being a tourist in my own city!

We are expecting lovely weekend weather, but I know the Seattle rain is right around the corner.  That has made me want to make sure we soak up every ounce of sunshine while we can!  I'd be happy to spend an afternoon in any of these - see what you think:

Actress Julianne Moore's garden sanctuary in New York.  Photo: Christopher Baker
An urban oasis (Julianne Moore's to be precise)

The loggia at a palatial Italian-style home in Las Vegas by architect William Hablinski and design firm Atelier AM.
Elegant Mediterranean luxury....

amazing!
Zen-like relaxation.

The terrace of Ralph Lauren chief retail creative officer Alfredo Paredes and writer Brad Goldfarb's Manhattan apartment.  Photo: Miguel Flores-Vianna
Ralph Lauren style...

outdoor haven at an Italian villa
Italia.

iris
A great place for a stroll!  
There is something very peaceful about tiny gravel crunching under one's feet.

enchanting poetic wanderlust- amazing installation
A little gallery walk.  Wow.

Limestone floors extend from the home’s interior
Love that great sculpture and the manicured greenery!

.
Stunning.

enchanting garden walkway
This brings back great memories of European adventures.

I saved the simplest - and best - for last.  
Mother Nature took care of all the design on this one!

11 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

I love garden pools, and I could relax for the weekend in any of these. As always, you find the most beautiful images.
Happy Saturday, Barbara.
Teresa
xoxo

The enchanted home said...

I annoint you the queen of the most beautiful outdoor spaces. Each and every one has me drooling!!!!!!! So pretty, enjoy your reunion!

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness, Barbara. All of these images are so stunning, particularly the last. Thank you for sharing.

Carla Aston | CarlaAston.com/designed said...

Beautiful! Love the staghorn ferns in Juliana Moore's garden.

carolyn bradford said...

Barbara, these are phenomenal images! I can see myself relaxing in any one of them! Tina's right…you are the Queen of the outdoor images! Just beautiful!

carolyn bradford said...

Barbara, these are phenomenal images! I can see myself relaxing in any one of them! Tina's right…you are the Queen of the outdoor images! Just beautiful!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous outdoor spaces Barbara! I can't pick a favorite.. they are all beautiful :)

Enjoy your reunion and you are right.. the 'weather' is right around the corner!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Barbara, These images are wonderful. Enjoy the beautiful weather and have a great day.

michele said...

italia, take me away!

nothing can compete with nature's gorgeousness.

smiles to you.

michele

Unknown said...

Nice information shared by you about patio furniture. Patio is a place of our home where all member of our family spend some time together for fun and enjoyment. There are many type of furniture which is comfort for people make easy life.

Patio Design

Unknown said...


I am very enjoyed for this site. i was looking for this information. i found it on your page its really amazing. I like that information. This is really awesome post. You are really fantastic. thanks
Patios

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...