Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Santa Fe Style

Today I started looking at homes from the incredibly beautiful artist enclave of Santa Fe, New Mexico.   Admittedly all of these images aren't from homes in Santa Fe, but they all fall under the same spell of this gorgeous asthetic:


The rug, the lanterns, the simple adornments and of course THAT CUPBOARD. 

Love the steps and the rounded corners on all of the walls, and the alcoves...









The colors are so vibrant!





Although this room is pretty empty and appears to be staged for a sale,
I liked this modern, cleaner take on the design...



This room and the next one are from a beautiful boutique hotel, The Inn of the Five Graces.
I like all of the turquoise elements in the room above, which Santa Fe is known for.

Pretty amazing ceiling, right?




Another "clean" version of Santa Fe style.  Notice all of the great art...I would think my design preferences couldn't help but be heavily influenced by all the incredible talent!

A collection of rakes?  They get credit for being original!




That chest at the foot of the bed is lovely.

I don't think I'll ever live in New Mexico - although you never know what the future holds!
If I do, I'll hang some chilies just like this...
























Santa Fe in the Fall...gorgeous!

 


Have you ever been to Santa Fe?
I'm ready to hop on a plane - it would be the ideal girls' weekend destination. 
I've got it:  We can have a blogger conference there!
Who's free next week???  :)
 
 
Click here for sources and more Santa Fe Style inspiration

14 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello Barbara!

I have never been to Santa Fe, but I appreciate the local architecture. It's not the kind of the house I dream of, but I really admire the details we see here. You've prepared such a beautiful post!

By the way, thank you so much for your sweet words yesterday about my interview on Tina's blog. You're always so sweet and I really appreciate that!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

stunning rooms and homes...and that kitchen is amazing as is the dining room in the circular shape...and beautiful scenery too in these images..
best,
maureen

Anonymous said...

...and I forgot to mention you have such and eye for international decor.. :)
best,
maureen

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I have been and I have to admit that it took me a few days to appreciate the architecture. It is so utterly different than any other North American destination. I did fall in love with Santa Fe and I know you would as well. It's an artists haven.

Stacy CUrran said...

Hi Barbara,
Although this is not a style that I would normally choose, I do love the kitchen and a lot of the furniture. It's nice to see styles that I would normally say I don't like and then be pleasantly surprised like this!
Stacy

Splendid Market said...

I'm in!! I've always wanted to go to Santa Fe as well. I love anything resembling an adobe or casita, they are just so warm and inviting. Bright colors or neutrals, it all looks good. I especially love the vibrant blue bathroom with the carved wood sink, goreous.

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

I agree that cupboard is amazing, and so is the lamp in the garden tent!

xox Linda

Victoria said...

I love the architecture, the furnishings and, most especially, the setting. They describe this part of the world as "big sky" for a reason. Santa Fe and environs are stunning. You should try to visit it some time, Luciane. I know you would love it.
Best...Victoria

Victoria said...

Sorry, Barbara. I just read Luciane's comment and put her name instead of yours in my previous comment. That is what happens when I try to read blogs too late at night.
Victoria

Taylor Greenwalt said...

One of my favorite places I have gone is Santa Fe. Everything is so beautiful, even the dirt is beautiful. Its an orange color. There are tons of art gallery's and great restaurants. I have not been there for 23 years, but so want to go back.

The Vintique Object said...

I feel like crying. This is my home. I grew up in New Mexico and we lived in Santa Fe when my twins were born. I know it's not very far, but I miss my earthy adobe, the rustic woods, the saltillo tile, the desert and its big sky --and the FOOD!

You are a girl after my own heart. I'd meet you there for a conference in a heartbeat.
Camille

The Vintique Object said...

Had to come back and show you a similar post I wrote some time ago. ;)

http://thevintiqueobject.blogspot.com/2011/05/pining-for-home.html

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I've only been once but it's a very charming little town! And your pictures are beautiful, as always!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This makes me homesick! I'm not from Santa Fe (I'm from Albuquerque), but I've been a bunch of times and it really is just a lovely and very different kind of place! I think southwestern style is a little bit of an acquired taste, but I definitely love it (c:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...