Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Norwegian Discoveries

While I'm on my bandwagon of Danish Design that I posted about here, I thought I'd also look into Norwegian designs.  I hear a lot about Swedish design, and the incredible design talent in Copenhagen, but hadn't seen a lot from Norway...I was happily surprised by what I found when I went looking at Nordic designs - especially the site Skonahem.  I ate it up!

There's definitely a theme here - neutral colors with a lot of white and lots of natural elements - no doubt inspired by the incredible surroundings!  Take a peek at what I discovered:
Skonahem

Skonahem

Design by Norema

Nature by Norema

 The next three images kinda remind me of Chalet Chic...


source

source

source
Along the way, I discovered one other source that I loved so much it
deserves a post of its own - check back tomorrow!

7 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love those dining tables.....just fabulous!

Unknown said...

These images are beautiful, i love Norweigan design so simply yet elegant. i love the fresh whites against natural wood. These are gorgeous spaces

Anonymous said...

love all the light, white interiors of this publication...eclectic yet well blended elements create a fabulous atmosphere....
beautiful..
maureen

designchic said...

I adore Norwegian design...so pretty, simple and fresh. Thanks for the introduction to some new sites!!

quintessence said...

I love Norway - it's a beautiful country, friendly people, and low key rustic chic so tied to their environment. These are terrific examples and can't wait to see your find tomorrow.

Stacy CUrran said...

I have to say Barbara, I've learned more about Norweigan design here than anywhere else! And I LOVE it.
Stacy

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I am totally addicted the Skona Hem! Lost many hours lost in front of it! I really love the rustic charm of Nordic design. I can't wait to visit one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...