Monday, March 21, 2011

Courtyard Love...

I find courtyards absolutely enchanting.  I first fell in love with them while living in San Francisco, where many old city blocks have apartments that surround a courtyard in the middle.  It's such a great design for letting lots of light into a space and providing a bit of quiet greenspace.  Here are a few inspiring courtyard images:

This looks like a lovely little London courtyard to me...


{Marco Meneguzzi}
This screams Santa Barbara home design, and I love it.


This house and courtyard are massive but I'd just take the terraced part
until the grass...oh, and the inside too!

Um, the pool is a nice touch.

This looks like a feasible courtyard design for Oregon's rainy weather!

I love how this whole house wraps itself around the outdoor living spaces.

What do you think of courtyards?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love courtyards too...great place for dining and cocktails with friends...
love the black wicker chairs too...
maureen

Mona Thompson said...

I love the outdoors and I love small spaces, so courtyard are high on my list. These are beautiful. Mona

The Vintique Object said...

Barbara, just one more reason to love you! My adoration of courtyards runs long and deep. It is definitely a feature of my dream home.
Camille

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...